BANZEL® (rufinamide) OFFERS FLEXIBLE DOSING OPTIONS
Multiple dosing formulations
BANZEL offers 2 formulations for administration1
- Tablets: 200 mg and 400 mg
- Oral suspension: 40 mg/mL
Tablets can be administered whole, as half tablets, or crushed
- Advise patients to take BANZEL with food
Dose for children: 45 mg/kg/day or 3200 mg/day, whichever is less1
Sample titration schedules: Child 1 year and older*
In the pivotal trial, the target dose of approximately 45 mg/kg/day was achieved in 88% of BANZEL-treated patients.1
- The majority of these patients reached the target dose within 7 days, with the remaining patients achieving the target dose within 14 days
Maximum dose for adults: 3200 mg/day1
Sample titration schedules: Adult*
- The average daily dose during the maintenance period in the pivotal trial was 1665 mg/day (41 mg/kg/day)2
- References: 1. BANZEL® (rufinamide) prescribing information, Eisai Inc.
2. Data on file, Eisai Inc.